Has it really been more than a two years? Shit... I'm sorry about vanishing off the face of the earth....
After being in a bad car accident, spending half a year in the hospital and then being medicated for back-pain, my online life just kind of died.
I want to get back to playing in rp's again, but I'm not sure I can find my characters voices again... (and journal passwords...) That, and I feel so incredibly gulity about just vanishing.... I thought I had asked a friend to alert the rp's I was in... but... If it was done or not, I don't know.
Sigh, I suppose all I can do is try and start again, and hope you can all forgive me for my prolonged absence...
After being in a bad car accident, spending half a year in the hospital and then being medicated for back-pain, my online life just kind of died.
I want to get back to playing in rp's again, but I'm not sure I can find my characters voices again... (and journal passwords...) That, and I feel so incredibly gulity about just vanishing.... I thought I had asked a friend to alert the rp's I was in... but... If it was done or not, I don't know.
Sigh, I suppose all I can do is try and start again, and hope you can all forgive me for my prolonged absence...
no subject
Date: 2012-01-22 04:54 am (UTC)Oddly enough, I happened to think about you again just a week or two ago and wondered what had ever become of you. I'm glad you're still around, hon. It sounds like you've had a terrible time of things. D:
Oh, ffff... And this is Ratchet-mun on a different account, btw.
no subject
Date: 2012-01-22 05:39 am (UTC)I asked a friend to keep a few of my online journals up to date.... but she kind of disappeared on me, and it doesn't look like she did anything with them.
As to the accident... I was a passenger in a car that got into a collusion with a good sized truck.
Everyone lived, but the @** driving the truck was drunk.
I'll stop with that explanation now... Send me a pm if you want the full details, it's not something for the general public to read.
My computer, on the other hand, didn't survive the crash. I am SO glad I kept backups on a bunch of usb sticks. Otherwise I would be trying to make another journal to find people again.
... Gosh this is awkward... I so want to get back to talking with people and RPing... but I feel so out of the loop now.
The lack of a good internet connection isn't really helping either.
I'm hoping to re-app Marian back at the Wake again eventually... Though I'm not sure if I can still play her well enough, or often enough to make it work. Even though I greatly dislike it, I might have to do a complete IC reset for her to make it viable... IDEK.
Is anyone still around besides you on the Wake? I really haven't done more than skim it recently... It's so odd to see it now, I have almost no idea who anyone is. Trying to get up the courage to try posting again was... yeah -_-;; (The pup gave me the kick in the pants I needed I suppose.)
no subject
Date: 2012-01-22 10:15 am (UTC)On everything else...
Feeling out of the loop is totally understandable. I think the last we saw of you was at the end of April almost two years ago? That's a long time to be away from any game and just LJ RP in general. If it helps, all Marian's posts are still up at the Wake, along with the tags that they got. If not, well...there is always resetting. She was there long enough to start building up CR, but you could probably bring her in fresh again if you're up to it. (Here's a link to all the tags, since we had to redo the layout of the main comms after LJ's last update. http://thewake-rp.livejournal.com/tag/ )
As for the game itself, we've had a fair amount of player turn over, but some of the same faces are still there. I'm there, of course... I dropped Ratchet for seven months, then reapped him again recently, so now I play him and this kid here, Rex Salazar.
Dragon and all her characters (KITT, Wheeljack, etc) are gone, but Lunnaie is still there. Doesn't play Jazz anymore, though. She's got two OCs, Mitham and Jendayi. Jolta left the game in August and dropped Starscream. The muns who had Ginko and Rocky are also gone. Kas (Axel), Red (Sideswipe), Ren (Lelouch), Sarah (Samus) and Brit (V) are all still around playing those characters, plus a few extra new ones in a few of their cases. My fiance (who played Pandora while you were there) left for a while and then came back recently with Po from Kung Fu Panda. Other muns that are still around... Bookie (Demyx), Rev (Aya Brea and Rion), Squee (Batman and Kid Flash), MK (Xemnas and Thomas) and Aya (Death, Nash, etc.).
We've also got a good number of newer players who are super nice people, some of them playing castmates to Rex here. Our mod team also shifted somewhat when a couple of the mods left. Kas is still one of the head mods and the other is now Orihime's player, Eve.
Geeze... wall of text much? I missed this more than I thought.
Date: 2012-01-22 01:25 pm (UTC)Friends and people I'm somewhat familiar with is one thing, it's everyone else I'm worried about. (Hard to put that genie back in the bottle once it's out... as people with embarrassing photos on the net tend to find out..)
Wow... looks like I have a LOT of catching up to do... Has started to skim all the old state of the game posts and makes a note to start digging into the faq and wiki to find all the updates.
... This could take awhile XD
I heard a lot of people jumped ship when LJ changed things, and I can't say I care too much for the new commenting format... but I don't want to leave either.
Even if the new format is somewhat... uh... conflicted with my internet connection, rp, and most everything else... at least it still works for me... unlike those other sites.
Glad to see that there are at least some familiar faces still hanging around.
Do you know if Dragon and Jolta still hang out on lj? I did want to apologize to everyone I left hanging with incomplete threads, vanishing for so long and what not. It's been how long, and I still feel guilty about that...
But anyway, back to the rp.
It's going to take me some time to get used to the changes in the wake, for Marian, I'm not entirely sure what to do.
I don't like the idea of wiping her and starting fresh, but, I'm not sure how she would respond to such a shift in people that she knew.
I'm probably going to spend a bit of time in dear mun and a dressing-room or two, and try and become familiar with her voice again.
Got any recommendations for places/people to do that in/with? I was thinking about going to 8_dressing for a bit, but IDK. It's not a bad place... but it looks like there aren't many there that do long tags anymore... and kind of quiet too.
At the very least, she'll get a soft reset. OOC she keeps her memories, and IC, um, deja-view? Thinks she knows people/places, might remember a few people eventually? Not sure on that yet.
I haven't gotten to this year yet, but it's pretty safe bet that the people she knew have either left or changed greatly, and some still there probably wouldn't remember her? (IC anyways)
You said you dropped and reapplied Ratchet? How much of her would he be likely to remember her IC? That should give me a somewhat decent baseline to make an assumption on how badly she would react, since he was one of the few that she really started to trust there.
Um, think they'll let me use her old bio? Of course with new writing samples, and a couple of updates dealing with her previous experiences at the wake.
I had a hard enough time compiling her history and personality in the first place, and I'm not sure how much of an improvement I can make to it... might just end up making it worse if I try to do too much... aaaannd now I'm rambling... :\
Ha, yeah. Sorry. ^^;
Date: 2012-01-22 01:58 pm (UTC)I don't know what Dragon's current status is on LJ, if she's playing elsewhere or what. The game Jolta's in has already moved to DW. Likely if you go to the accounts for Wheeljack and Starscream and PM them both, they'll get the notifications for that, though.
Unfortunately, aside from dear_mun and museboxing, I've not got any suggestions for voice testing. I might be able to ask some buddies on Plurk if they'd be up for a bit of threading, though. Plus I can always use Ratchet or Rex to help you test.
A soft reset is allowable. We've had other people do the same before, where they come back and they either never fully regain everything in terms of Nautilus memories or it just takes a few weeks for those memories to start coming back.
In terms of other characters in Wake remembering Marian, I'm willing to bet V and Lelouch will. ICly, they have excellent memories as characters. Ratchet suffered some memory damage while he was away, but he's been back in the city long enough now to regain almost everything, so he will remember Marian as well.
There shouldn't be any problems with re-using parts of your old app/bio. If you decide to do kind of a soft reset or to leave all her Nautilus memories intact, we'll definitely want to see at least a brief overview of what she went through while she was in the game. If for some reason you fully reset her, that shouldn't be necessary. Also, if you want, I can look over the app before it's submitted.
<3 I was refering to me, but it fits us both...
Date: 2012-01-22 02:39 pm (UTC)My internet speed hasn't changed in two years, and while it used to be like sucking up a lake with a garden hose, now it's more like the ocean and a straw... I can't even load Dreamwidth...
Unless I manage to get accepted for the 3d computer animation program in Toronto I applied to, it doesn't look like that will change...
Well, I'll give PMing them a shot once I work up the courage... *Is chicken...*
I'll probably end up doing the soft reset, just because it's been 2 years for everyone else, and only a few days/weeks for her since she vanished. Though depending on the voice test, she may get some/most of her memories back.
Thanks for the offer of help with her voice and app, I'm feeling just a bit out of my depth here... But it's starting to come back. I would very much appreciate any help you or your friends could give in finding her voice again.
I'll probably stick to dear_mun for awhile, mostly in the hopes that some of the people I knew before will find me again... even if I can't access the right character journals atm...
.... you know, to keep this from happening again I'm going to send you a pm with my e-mail address later... or do you have it? I don't remember if I ever gave it to you or not... -_-;; *Has memory like swiss cheese atm..* then again... it has been a long time... and I should give you that (full) explanation on my absence...
True! X3
Date: 2012-01-22 03:08 pm (UTC)Tell you what, how about I go ahead and tag you on d_m? Who's your pref, Ratchet or Rex? You know Ratch and what he's about. As for Rex, he's a pretty upbeat teenager with some rather unusual super powers who's used to dealing with talking animals. (He was friends with Kovu from Lion King 2 at Wake until the mun dropped and he's now friends with Po.) Guess it depends on if you want someone Marian remembers on that level or someone new to test her against.
I'm pretty sure I never got your email address previously. Go ahead and PM it over and I'll add it to my own email contact list.
no subject
Date: 2012-01-22 03:47 pm (UTC)The layout on the pages for the wake isn't half bad, but I can guess that was a lot of work by someone to get it to function similarly the old format? If it is, and they finish tweaking it, do you think they would consider letting others use it? It might be the just the thing that keeps at least some groups on lj.
For tagging? Either or. There are merits to both. While Rex is someone she doesn't know, Ratchet will probably get a squealing and excited fox... possibly trying to hug his leg or something...
I think for being a fox, she might have gone a little squirrely being stuck in my head-space for so long.... and boy, does that feel weird to write again.
Having muses and character voices after so long is a bit strange, good, but at the same time... the doctors would think I was nuts... snicker.. not quite so sure they would be wrong either. lol
On a side note *Head desk* on DM
Date: 2012-01-22 04:59 pm (UTC)She's supposed to be shocked... not the default image. No wonder people are getting annoyed.
Um... I hate to ask... but... You don't happen to know if there is a fix/workaround for that issue by any chance?
Re: On a side note *Head desk* on DM
Date: 2012-01-23 08:27 am (UTC)